Here at Inked Organics, we are big, big fans of a good sandwich. Each of our signature loaves of bread brings its own special flavor to the table, from Rosie’s Sourdough to Mighty Multi-grain. Sandwiches offer versatility, comfort and convenience, with tons of ingredient options, too. Today, we’re sharing seven of our favorite sandwich recipes that anyone can make at home for your sandwich-slinging inspiration.
Traditional BLT Club Sandwich
Perhaps the most traditional sandwich, you can’t go wrong with the BLT club sandwich. It’s a true classic. Of course, the bacon is the most important ingredient here, but quality bread is equally essential. Stack your favorite deli meats, layer the fresh tomatoes and lettuce and top it off with crispy, savory bacon. With that third slice of bread, the BLT club sandwich delivers an extra measure of Inked Organics goodness.
- 3 slices of Inked Organics Great White Bread
- 4 slices of deli turkey
- 2 pieces of bacon
- 2-3 slices of tomato
- 1 serving of lettuce
- 1 spring onion, cut into thin slices
- Pepper sauce, mild, a few drops (optional)
- toast 3 slices of Great White bread
- layer sandwich ingredients however you’d like, making sure that extra slice of toasted Inked Organics bread lands in the middle
- Add pepper sauce, if desired
- Slice your sandwich in half, or quarters, and enjoy!
Grilled Cheese and Turkey Melt
What’s better than a grilled cheese made with your favorite Inked Organics bread? Well, throw a few pieces of sliced turkey into the mix, and you might have the answer. Holiday bonus: this grilled cheese and turkey melt sandwich is the perfect way to use up leftover turkey after Thanksgiving!
- 4 slices of Inked Organics Agave Super Seeds Bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chiles
- 1/4 pound thinly-sliced deli turkey
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, for grilling
- Butter one side of each piece of bread, in preparation for grilling
- Mix mayonnaise and green chiles together in a small bowl
- Spread the mayo mix on 2 slices of bread, and then layer the remaining ingredients to build your sandwiches
- Grill sandwiches on medium heat in your favorite frying pan
Smoked Salmon Open-Faced Sandwich
When you’re in the mood for an appetizing, quick snack or lunch, an open-faced smoked salmon sandwich is just what you need! It’s an all-around delicious and healthy sandwich with great ingredients, plus, it’s easy to throw together— what more could you ask for? Savory smoked salmon, cream cheese and capers combine for a tasty and satisfying sandwich.
- 2 slices of Inked Organics Mighty Multigrain bread
- 4 ounces of smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon of cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of capers
- Dash of sesame seeds
- Spread cream cheese on your Mighty Multigrain, then layer capers on it
- Add smoked salmon, sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!
The MTA: Mozzarella Tomato Avocado
Trust us, this sandwich is utterly simple, capturing the best tastes of summer between two slices of healthy bread. Your favorite Inked Organics bread, fresh tomato, mozzarella, avocado and basil, all grilled to perfection as a panini? Yes, please. The mozzarella, tomato and avocado sandwich is a combination of exceptionally fresh flavors and hearty, organic bread. It’s proof that a sandwich doesn’t have to be complicated to taste fantastic.
- 2 slices of the Inked Organics bread of your choice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2-4 pieces of fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato, sliced
- basil, cut in ribbons
- Salt to taste
- Butter for grilling
- Butter your bread for grilling
- Layer all that MTA goodness
- Grill using a panini press or simply pan grill
Classic Tuna Sandwich
If you’re looking for a healthy, filling lunch, this tuna sandwich will do the trick! It’s a quick and easy, protein-packed sandwich that will keep you going throughout the day. Tuna salad can be as simple as the recipe we’ve included here, or you can add flavor and even more nutrients by adding chopped, boiled egg, mustard and relish— all according to what you like best.
- 2 slices of Inked Organics Honey Whole Wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 small can tuna chunks in spring water, drained
- Salt and pepper
- 2 leaves fresh lettuce
- ½ small onion
- 1 small tomato
- Mix tuna and mayonnaise, add salt and pepper to taste
- Layer tuna salad with lettuce, tomato and onion on toasted Inked Organics bread
- Dig in!
Egg Salad and Smoked Salmon Tea Sandwich
Feeling fancy? Without too much effort, you can make a plate full of egg salad and smoked salmon tea sandwiches. Perfect for brunch or paired with a creamy soup, this tasty sandwich is a great way of feeding friends something unique and delicious. If you’re feeling extra, cut the crusts off of the bread and cut into quarters.
- 3 large boiled eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 ounces sliced smoked salmon (2 slices), finely chopped
- 6 slices of Inked Organics Great White Bread
- Combine boiled eggs, chives, mayonnaise and sour cream in a bowl, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer egg salad and salmon slices on sandwiches club sandwich style, with a third piece of bread in the middle.
- Cut the crust off of the bread, and cut into quarters. Enjoy!
Chicken Pesto Sandwich
This chicken pesto sandwich delivers endless flavor and is easy to make. It’s a sandwich lovers dream! Great for an easy dinner or for a healthy packed-lunch option, a chicken pesto sandwich on Inked Organics’ Honey Wheat will quickly find it’s way into your primary sandwich rotation! The robust pesto flavor combined with the smoky grilled chicken just can’t be beat.
- 3-4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1-2 tbsp pesto
- 3 cooked skinless chicken breast, sliced thin
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 slices of tomato
- Butter for grilling
- 8 slices of Inked Organics Honey Whole Wheat bread
- Layer ingredients on buttered bread, however you’d like
- Grill sandwiches, then feast!
With these 7 tasty sandwich recipes, you have a week’s worth of mouth-watering options to jumpstart your sandwich making! We hope you enjoyed this curation of some of our favorite sandwiches to make using Inked Organics bread! Make sure to share these sandwiches and recipes with your friends!
Find your favorite loaf of Inked Organics bread at your local grocery store, LA area Costcos, and more locations added every week! And, as usual, if you’re proud of a sandwich you create, give us a shout on Instagram using #thatsmybread!